Capsaicin and Dihydrocapsaicin
This medicine is derived from Capsaicin and Dihydrocapsaicin alkaloids. These two alkaloids are the strongest of the alkaloids in this group having a capacity to produce (and hence treat) painfulness. As per the principle of hormesis, in the ultra-dilute and attenuated dose, it has proved its efficacy against pain and inflammation.
In a clinical trial with 108 patients, this substance has demonstrated analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Interestingly, it has demonstrated inflammatory effect in Wistar rat model. Three papers are published to support the findings.
Capsaicin and Dihydrocapsaicin preparation has been found to be helpful in the treatment of following conditions; either as mono-therapy or as adjuvant to other medicines.
- Chronic and subacute pains related to joints, muscles, nerves, bones, soft tissues
- As anti-inflammatory medicine
- Arthritis (as pain reliever in Cervical spondylitis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, etc.)
- Bronchitis, bronchiolitis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Cancer pains
- “Effect of Orally Administered Potentized Capsaicin and Dihydrocapsaicin in Humans: A Homeopathic Pathogenetic Trial”, by Rajesh Shah, MD, published in Forschende Komplementärmedizin/ Research in Complementary Medicine, Germany, June 2014. Link: http://www.karger.com/Journal/Issue/261932
- “Potentized, oral preparation of Capsaicin alkaloids and Magnesium phosphoricum in treatment of chronic pain: A clinical trial” by Rajesh Shah, MD, published in American journal “JOURNAL OF PAIN MANAGEMENT”, Nova Publishers, NY, USA, Volume 7, Number 1, 2014 Link: https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48676
- “Preclinical evaluation of antiarthritic activity of ultra-diluted preparations of Capsaicin alkaloids (CP-10), Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and Magnesium phosphoricum in wistar rats” Shah Rajesh, Sathaye S., Indian J Res Homoeopathy [serial online] 2017 [cited 2017 Mar 2];11:34-40. Available from: http://www.ijrh.org/text.asp?2017/11/1/34/200848